This is less of a specific recipe and more of a description of what I put into a bowl and tossed together, but it tasted SO GOOD I wanted to share it with you anyway.
Inspired by a recent trip to Nashville where I had a version of this salad at Milk & Honey… I couldn’t stop thinking about how good it was, and as much as I’d like to just hop on a plane and go back whenever I get a craving, I’m not a millionaire, so I pulled up the menu and tried to recreate it myself.
Here’s an approximation of what I threw together:
- 1 bunch kale, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch collard greens, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts, sliced thinly
- 1 cup packed spinach, sliced thinly
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
For the dressing, they had a green tea lemon poppyseed vinaigrette (YUM). My version:
- 1/4 cup lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 lil scoop of matcha (mine came with a little scoop, I think it’s 1 tsp)
I eat it plain, sometimes wrap it up in Sunfood’s coconut wraps (the one pictured is the turmeric version), have it as a side with my eggs, and sometimes add a can of chickpeas to the mix for more protein. I hope you like it, and if you can make it down to TN to have the real thing, I highly recommend it (and take me with you).