Image by pikisuperstar on Freepik
For my listeners who have been in their menstrual years for quite some time… this one’s for you. Perimenopause is a-comin’, and it may not be as far off as you think. In fact, symptoms can start as early as your late 30s (though it’s more likely to happen in your mid-40s), which is why I want to share what to expect when you’re expecting menopause. We weren’t educated about our periods before we got them, so I want to make sure you’re armed with the right knowledge and tools before this next phase of your reproductive life.
We talk about:
- The wide-ranging symptoms of perimenopause, like hot flashes, mood swings, and decreased libido.
- The hormonal impact on your anatomy, including changes to the vulva, cervix, uterus, and ovaries.
- Why it’s so important to manage stress in perimenopause (beyond the usual reasons).
- Body composition changes like bone density and muscle loss.
- Viewing menopause as an opportunity, instead of a sentence.
Referenced in this episode:
- Perimenopause Power by Maisie Hill
- The Menopause Manifesto by Dr. Jen Gunter
- See Ya Later, Ovulator! by Esther Blum
- Guide to Quitting the Pill
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to follow The Lunar Body podcast on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Love what you hear? Please share with your friends and leave a positive rating on Apple Podcasts so more amazing lunar feminists like you can find my show!