After sobbing in her boss’s office 15 years ago, Julie Duffy Dillon, registered dietitian and PCOS expert, taught her last diet. Once she learned about weight stigma and diet harm, she couldn’t unsee it. Now Julie helps people with PCOS confidently tackle health concerns moving forward without shame and blame. She teaches them how to burn their PCOS diet books while bringing clarity into their relationship with food and body. She has spoken at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food and Nutrition Conference and was featured dietitian for the reality show My Big Fat Fabulous Life. You can hear her on her podcast, Find Your Food Voice. Learn about her services including her PCOS Power Course + Community at JulieDuffyDillon.com
- Who intuitive eating is for and why
- Eating intuitively with chronic illness, even when conventional treatment includes a restrictive diet
- Whether or not you can cause PCOS to occur (+ her thoughts on post-pill PCOS)
- Why keto and low-calorie diets are particularly damaging to people with PCOS
- How to navigate weight stigma in medical settings, including what to say to your doctor or nurse
Listener perk: Get $100 off Cycle Magic, a cycle-syncing course for menstrual misfits, with the code LUNARLOVE — Available until season 3 ends!
View all podcast listener perks here.
Referenced in this episode:
- PCOS Power online course (use code PODCAST for 20% off)
- Diet-Free Doctor’s Visit Handout
- Perimenopause Power by Maisie Hill
- Fearing the Black Body by Sabrina Strings
- The Body Is Not an Apology by Sonya Renee Taylor
- Anti-Diet by Christy Harrison
- Decolonizing Wellness by Dalia Kinsey
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to follow The Lunar Body podcast on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Love what you hear? Please share with your friends and leave a positive rating on Apple Podcasts so more amazing lunar feminists like you can find my show!
Leave a Reply