What’s on your mind right now?
Is it your lunch even though you just had breakfast? Leftover cookies staring you down on the counter? How you just want to nap because you never feel fully rested?
Or maybe you’re just sick and tired of constantly thinking about food and all the choices you have to make, because the weight never stays off, and you never have more energy.
If any of these ring true, it’s likely that your blood sugar is in need of stabilization (and you’re not alone––almost all of my clients need to work on this).
If you’re constantly in need of sweets, chips, crackers, or cookies, if you’re prone to mood swings, if you experience chronic pain, sleep issues, trouble concentrating, depression/anxiety, these and much more are all often tied to blood sugar imbalance.
We laugh about being addicted to sugar and carbs, but for many of us, it’s the underlying cause of other health problems.
Do you experience any of the following?
- Feel the need to have sweets daily
- Low energy
- Mood swings
- Frequent cravings
- Frequent colds
- Trouble concentrating
- Trouble sleeping
- Diagnosed hormonal imbalance
- Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes
- Trouble losing weight
- Heart disease
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Binge eating
- Digestive issues
- Painful periods or other menstrual issues
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Brain fog
Believe it or not, all of these are fueled by sugar and refined carbs, which chronically elevate your blood sugar when consumed in excess.
is not your fault!
Sugar has been shown to stimulate the same parts of the brain that light up when using cocaine and heroin (1). You read that right! And with sugar hiding in 75% of the packaged foods we buy (2), it’s no wonder so many of us are emotionally reliant on this type of food and have resulting health issues.
1. Lenoir, Magalie; Serre, Fuschia; Cantin, Lauriane; Ahmed, Serge H. “Intense Sweetness Surpasses Cocaine Reward.” PLOS ONE. August 1, 2007.
2. Ng, SW; Slining, MM; Popkin, BM. “Use of caloric and noncaloric sweeteners in US consumer packaged foods, 2005-2009.”Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Diatetics. 2012 Nov;112(11):1828-34.e1-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2012.07.009.
This is the reason I’ve created my new online course, Kicking Sugar + Carb Addiction, a 6-week online course and community designed to help you overcome cravings, improve your relationship with food, and create sustainable habits for your overall health… from the comfort of your own home.
I’ve already run the first round with 15 participants and every one of them came away with positive results, from weight loss and more restful sleep to improved mood, less anxiety, and a better relationship with food.
How will it work?
Each week you’ll receive an email from me letting you know that there are new videos to watch on the course platform. Each week also contains a small challenge to help keep you accountable and on track, and we also have a private Facebook community for you to share your progress (or challenges) with other members going through the program, too.
You’ll also receive THREE done-for-you meal plans with over 30 recipes to choose from, including options for vegan and vegetarian diets.
The six-week curriculum covers:
- The science of sugar/carbohydrates, how they work within your body, and how they affect your physical and mental health.
- Learning about your current habits and how they affect your mind and body.
- How to read nutrition labels and make informed choices at the grocery store.
- Where cravings come from and how to overcome them.
- Mindfulness strategies that help you make healthier choices and get more enjoyment out of your food.
- What to eat, what to avoid, and all the reasons why these recommendations contribute to your success.
- How to use the meal plans, essential kitchen tools to have, and how to incorporate the program into your social life.
- What to do if things aren’t going as planned.
- How to avoid self-sabotage and stay positive, plus damage control for off days.
- How to create lasting habits with strategies to keep you on track as you transition out of the program into the real world.
- What to do if your family or partner isn’t on board.
- How to meal plan so you set yourself up for success during the week.
- How to bring sugar, carbs, and other foods back into your diet without falling back into old habits.
- Intuitive eating principles to practice and take with you as you move forward.
My goal is for you to never have to diet again, never have to measure out every last morsel of food, log every last bite into a calorie-counting app, or feel guilty about what you eat. I want you to be able to enjoy your meals (and celebrations) in a way that serves you well.
How much does it cost?
The standard version of the program costs just $33/week!
If you’re looking for additional support and more personalized guidance, you can opt for Premium enrollment to include SIX weekly private coaching sessions.
The group program provides general recommendations, but with Premium support I can tailor those recommendations to your specific needs. Each week we’ll have a 30-minute check-in call to talk about how the program and challenges are going and how you can make the most out of the program. This is the best way to go if you need extra accountability.
Premium Support with six private coaching calls costs just $83/week (a huge savings on my private coaching rates!).
Are you ready to forget about the diet books and calorie-counting and constant stressing about food so you can focus on what REALLY matters?
Are you ready to FEEL BETTER in your body?
We begin on April 12, 2019.
For more details, visit the course page to see the weekly curriculum, FAQ, and more.
***Enrollment is now closed. The course will be back in Fall 2019!