Food anxiety and weight stigma cause more harm to our health than food itself. This episode goes over commonly feared foods and practices in our society—why we fear them, why we should embrace them, and what to do about it in a more relaxed way with self-compassion. This is a good first step towards getting out of the diet cycle that keeps us from experiencing all the pleasures food and life have to offer!
Download the free guide: 6 Ways to Superpower Your Intuition Every Day
Want to work with me? Fill out this questionnaire and I’ll be in touch! In the meantime, learn more about what it’s like to work with an online nutritionist.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Seven Countries Study
- Criticism of the SCS (wiki page with lots of citations to deep dive on)
- How the Sugar Industry Shifted the Blame to Fat | NY Times
- Source: The brain is 60% fat
- Source: Low cholesterol linked to cognitive decline
- Source: Cholesterol levels vary with phase of menstrual cycle
- Source: Statins impact CoQ10 production
- Source: Hormonal birth control impacts CoQ10 levels
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch