This episode is brought to you by my Hormone Harmony series happening Wednesdays in March. Upcoming classes: Fertility for Everyone & Finding Relief From PMS and Period Pain. Save your seat here.
This one’s a doozy today, friends. Content warning: I’m going on a rant about weight loss and post-pandemic body talk that I’ve been seeing lately. I share the Facebook thread from someone in the media who got me thinking about this issue, and we also talk about dropping out of diet culture, as well as what’s wrong with the modern body-positivity movement.
I am also sharing resources about supporting the AAPI community in the face of the vicious hate crimes against Asian women that occurred recently in Atlanta.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Diet failure statistics (CW: weight numbers and fatphobic language)
- Stop AAPI Hate
- GoFundMe AAPI Community Fund
- Organizations to support + mental health resources for the AAPI community – via @kimsaira
- Fearing the Black Body by Sabrina Strings
- The Body Is Not an Apology by Sonya Renee Taylor
- Body positivity articles in Wear Your Voice
- Hunter Shackelford
- Jessamyn Stanley
- Hunger by Roxane Gay
Interested in 1:1 private coaching? Book a free call here (no obligation, just a vibe check!).