This was a recipe I made for my ebook, the 10-Day Energy-Boosting Meal Plan. It was one of the first big things I did with my business and I’m still really proud of it. It was 31 pages! With 20 of my own recipes! And I took all the photos with my phone.
This is the Avolini Wrap—my super creative name! The base is mashed avocado and cannellini beans (hence ~avolini~ …not just a play on my last name!) for the healthy fat and protein portion of the meal, topped with fresh veggies on a tortilla of your choice (flax, brown rice, corn, whatevs).
You can have it as a snack or a whole meal depending on your tortilla size and how much you stuff it. I will say I definitely overstuffed the one in the picture, it was more like a fat taco when I rolled it up, but doesn’t it look nice?
Play around with what you’ve got to make the right portion for you. This is a pretty quick lunch to make, and you can slice the veggies and make the avolini mash ahead of time (squirt some lemon juice on top to keep from going brown, just like guacamole), and roll it all up when you’re hungry.
If you want to check it out, the ebook is still available for $9.99 (Buy Now button will take you to Paypal)!
- ½ avocado⠀
- ½ cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed⠀
- 1½ tsp fresh lemon juice⠀
- Pinch of salt⠀
- 1-2 tortillas, 8-10"⠀
- 2 thin tomato slices⠀
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta (optional)⠀
- 1 tbsp minced red onion⠀
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro⠀
- ½ small carrot, shredded or cut into matchsticks⠀
- ¼ red bell pepper, sliced⠀
- ¼ cup shredded red cabbage⠀
- In a medium bowl, add avocado, beans, lemon, and salt and mash with a fork until combined. Spread on the tortilla.
- Layer tomato slices over the mash, and top with remaining veggies.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Leave a Reply