We are lucky to have a variety of different options for managing menstrual flow these days. In this episode, we explore what’s available in the wonderful world of period products, including pads, tampons, underwear, discs, cups, and more. You’ll learn how they’re used, some pros and cons you may want to consider when choosing the best option for your body, my experiences with different brands, the range of gender-inclusive options, and more.
Referenced in this episode:
- Dr. Jen Gunter on titanium dioxide in tampons
- International Agency for Research on Cancer: Titanium dioxide
- Glad Rags
- Cloth Connection Outreach Charity (& their TikTok)
- PFAs found in Thinx, Knix, Proof
- BetterGoods.org PFA evaluation
- SoftCup Disposable
- Diva Disc
- Period Nirvana menstrual cup/disc quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to follow The Lunar Body podcast on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Love what you hear? Please share with your friends and leave a positive rating on Apple Podcasts so more amazing lunar feminists like you can find my show!