The Lunar Body is back for season 3! Given the state of reproductive rights in the U.S., I felt it was urgent to open this season with an episode on abortion. You’ll learn about the different methods of abortion and what to expect with both an in-clinic (or surgical) procedure and medical abortion with pills, what you may want to know about after-care, what to do in states with restricted access, why it is strongly recommended to avoid herbal abortion, answers to common questions you may have, how to prepare for termination, how you can support others, and much more.
Disclaimer: This information in this episode, and in all episodes of The Lunar Body podcast, is for educational purposes only; it is NOT medical advice and it is your responsibility to speak to a qualified healthcare provider about your unique needs. The final decision when considering any diet, lifestyle change, or medical procedure, whether it’s discussed on the internet, in a podcast, or prescribed by your doctor, is always your own.
Referenced in this episode:
- Women Help Women: Tips on keeping your abortion research private.
- Surveillance Self-Defense Guide
- Free Cycle Magic excerpt: Intuitive Cycle Tracking
- Misoprostol dosing information via Dr. Jen Gunter
- The Archive of Healing
- @blackpnwlady on TikTok
- National Abortion Federation
- Abortion funds by state
- Resist Bot
- Fertility for Everyone workshop
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler
- The 5th Vital Sign by Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Period Power by Maisie Hill
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to follow The Lunar Body podcast on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Love what you hear? Please share with your friends and leave a positive rating on Apple Podcasts so more amazing lunar feminists like you can find my show!