This is a digital cookbook with 47 gluten-free, dairy-free recipes donated by ACN grads. For 2017, ACN has chosen Community Food Centres Canada to benefit from 100% of proceeds, and we have a goal of raising $10,000 for the organization in 10 days.
You can download the book for as little as $15 to help us reach our goal, and to support spaces in low-income communities that use good food to build better skills, better health, and a better sense of belonging.
Here’s a sample recipe you’ll find in From Scratch Cooking, created by Abigail Hopkins of That Clean Life, “a simple vegan soup to warm your soul.”
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Add the green onions and sauté until softened. Add the carrot, cauliflower, water, thyme, salt and black pepper. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes then add in the parsley and stir until wilted. Turn off the heat.
- Purée the soup using a blender or handheld immersion blender. (Note: If using a regular blender, be careful. Ensure you leave a space for the steam to escape.) Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Ladle into bowls.