COVID-19 WORKPLACE RESOURCE
The novel coronavirus has most certainly had an effect on your workplace. Your team members have been thrust into a new working environment and are anxious about the future, worried for their health and the health of their loved ones, and overwhelmed getting used to a new way of life so quickly. How are you supporting their wellbeing?
My new workshop offers your company a resource for this unprecedented situation.
Self-Care in Self-Quarantine: Caring for Your Wellbeing in Uncertain Times covers:
– Tips for working from home, good for those trying to get a handle on this for the first time
– Strategies for calming COVID–19 anxiety as the news rapidly develops
– Avoiding feeling isolated when social distancing
– Immune-supportive food and supplement recommendations
– Nutrition tips and meal suggestions for long-term quarantine
– How to support your community from home
The workshop can be held via Zoom.
The wellness world is changing what employees expect (and resent) in the workplace, and they’re more aware of their mental and physical health than ever, but most companies aren’t adapting with the times. And most of them don’t have their own holistic health practitioner to keep their wellness offerings up-to-date, accessible, inclusive, and sustainable.
That’s where I come in!
I visit companies around the Boston area and beyond to help them improve employee well-being via live presentations and customized corporate wellness programs.
Every $1 you invest in workplace wellness generates over $3 in savings.
Employee wellness is essential to productivity and high performance in any work environment. It’s important to promote self-care and provide resources that allow your team to feel happy and energized in the workplace.
“Illness-related absenteeism is an obvious factor in productivity. Less obvious but probably more significant is presenteeism—when people come to work but underperform because of illness or stress. Research consistently shows that the costs to employers from health-related lost productivity dwarf those of health insurance.” – Harvard Business Review
Self-care is a big priority, especially for younger talent who is looking for this type of perk in the workplace.
HOW I CAN HELP YOUR COMPANY
TAILORED CORPORATE WELLNESS PROGRAMS
The average ROI for corporate wellness spending is $3.27 for every $1.00. Your savings are tied to reduced sick leave, health plan costs, workers compensation costs, and disability insurance, as investing in your employees’ health raises their productivity, performance, and happiness.
Every workplace is different, and so a customized, people-first approach to a wellness program is important to suit the needs of your unique company.
Wellness should be done with employees, not to them!
We’ll work together to go over current wellness initiatives and their performance and challenges. I will speak with management and employees to learn more about everyone’s wants and needs, and what’s best for business, to deliver recommendations on how we can move forward.
I will deliver a comprehensive report outlining strategies that are specific for reaching the goals of your organization, including scheduling, cost breakdown, and metrics to measure.
We begin the customized program, with periodic reports and evaluations, completing with a full review and report of the program and your organizations achievements.
LUNCH AND LEARN SESSIONS
My presentations are beneficial to your company by offering employees access to the latest nutrition and health information, as well as a professional care provider who can steer staff in the right direction.
I offer presentations (in person or via webinar) on the topics below or can tailor a workshop based on your staff’s interests. The sessions below include Q&A, handouts, recipes, shopping lists, recommendations, and resources where applicable.
- Nutrition for a Successful Work Day (most popular): Set yourself up for a successful and productive day at work with Kristen’s holistic nutrition tips. You’ll learn how to hack your day with foods that boost focus, attention, brainpower, and immunity, and tips for managing stress through sleep hygiene, exercise, and more. You’ll also learn how to balance a meal for the best energy throughout the day, ideas for well-rounded breakfasts and lunches, and practical meal-planning tips that fit into your busy lifestyle, too.
- Meal Planning — Saving Time and Money: Save your precious time and hard-earned money by incorporating meal planning into your lifestyle. This class includes all my best tips for every part of the process of finding recipes, grocery shopping, cooking, and more. Bring your favorite cookbook to start your own meal plan!
- Easing Fears Around Food: Food anxiety and weight stigma cause more harm to our health than food itself. This workshop goes over commonly feared foods and practices in our society—why we fear them, why we should embrace them, and what to do about it in a more relaxed way with self-compassion. This workshop is a first step towards getting out of the diet cycle that keeps us from experiencing all the pleasures food and life have to offer us.
- 10 Ways to Kick Your Sugar Habit: Do you feel like you’re addicted to sugar? In this workshop, you’ll learn about how developing a sugar habit is a natural coping mechanism for your body and the first steps to finally overcoming the cravings. You’ll also discover mindfulness strategies that help you make healthier choices and get more enjoyment out of your food, how to avoid self-sabotage, and more. We’ll end the workshop with a chocolate-focused mindfulness exercise.
- Wellness While Traveling—Staying Healthy On the Go: Traveling for work can have quite an impact on the body. In this workshop, you’ll learn important tips around stress, sleep, diet, immunity, and more while you’re on the go. Make sure you’re setting yourself up for success from the moment you start packing to when you’re mid-travel, along with do’s and don’ts once you arrive at your destination.
- Be Your Own Nutritionist: Navigating nutrition information today is confusing and overwhelming. This class will help you develop your own personal food philosophy and take control of your health by designing a diet individual to your body’s needs.
- Eating Your Age — Health Through the Decades: What does health look like throughout different stages of life? Learn what foods and nutrients to prioritize at your age, as well as how fitness and sleep impact dietary choices. Best for a company with a diverse age group.
For HR professionals or those in charge of company culture:
- Creating an Accessible and Inclusive Workplace for True Employee Wellbeing: Is your company culture anti-wellness? Traditional office culture often ignores the true needs of employees, inadvertently contributing to forms of racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, fatphobia, and other systemic issues that are quite the opposite of wellness. I know you have good intentions, and when we know better, we do better! This workshop helps you create a more accessible and inclusive environment for your team that shows you truly care about their whole wellbeing for increased satisfaction and productivity in the workplace.
Contact me for full details on my corporate wellness sessions.
Group Coaching for Employees or Management
I also offer 6-month group health-coaching sessions. It covers nutrition and other health and lifestyle topics that help improve the performance, productivity, and efficiency of your staff. Sessions are held via video in a private online group. We will cover:
- Setting realistic goals
- Getting rid of the diet mentality
- Creating balanced meals
- Nutrition myth busting
- Food as medicine
- Exercise regimens that work for YOUR body
- Intuitive eating
- Self-care strategies
- Meal-planning and understanding food labels
- …and more!
Please email me for more details on my group coaching program and rate.